- An average of three Oregonians die every week from prescription opioid overdose, and many more develop opioid use disorder.
- Oregon has one of the highest rates of prescription opioid misuse in the nation.
- In 2013, about 15,000 Oregon adolescents, aged 12 to 17, reported non-medical use of pain relievers in the past year (5.3 percent of Oregon adolescents).
- Drug overdoses have become the leading cause of injury death in 36 states, including Oregon, surpassing motor vehicle-related deaths.
- 54 percent of all prescriptions in Oregon were for prescription opioids.